Saturday, June 17, 2006

Quiet on the blog front

Ok, things have been a little quiet around here since the move over to blogspot. I've been focusing my time on finding a job. If anyone needs a good embedded micro/DSP/Linux programmer in the Puget Sound area drop me an email.

So, to catch up on a few things. It looks like the Gun Blogger Rendezvous planning is charging ahead. I wish I could make it, but given my lack of incoming funds it is doubtful. He has lined up Dan McKown as the guest of honor and even talked Hi-Point into donating a pistol as a prize!

Michael Yon has a heart-warming story about former sniper Walter Gaya starting a new business.

I missed the fun steel match at KRRC again this month, so I'll aim to be at the July 8th one. Its on my calendar this time.

And according to the NRA-ILA report in my inbox this morning it looks like the San Francisco handgun ban has been struck down. Good news! Now if California would come around on some of their other looney gun laws I just might consider moving there.

1 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger Mr. Completely said...

I won't be able to make it to a KRRC steel match until the one in August, as I'll be in Alaska in July when it's on.

For the Rendezvous costs if you car-pool it with Rivrdog from Portland, transportation shouldn't be too bad for cost. If you share a room ,that would be about $100 for both nights total. Rendezvous dinner and registration is $50. Meals are very inexpensive in Reno. You could probably do the whole deal for a couple of hundred bucks!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home